New Zealand’s largest fan-created LEGO® display is coming back to Auckland this September and it’s an event not to be missed for the whole family. LEGO® has truly stood the test a time – a toy as popular today as it was 10, 20, 30 years ago and beyond. One thing that has kept LEGO® at the forefront of the children’s’ toy market is their ability to adapt and change with the times and perhaps most importantly, to link up with the huge worldwide franchises such as Star Wars and Harry Potter to ensure their toys remain current and appeal to the kids of today.
More than just a toy
Of course for many LEGO® is more than just a toy. Whilst there is still the simple please for kids of building something out of bricks, for true enthusiasts, there is an art to the things that they can build out of the coloured bricks and this display at the Trusts Arena in Henderson is the largest fan-created display in New Zealand. Every piece has been created by the Auckland LEGO® User Group as well as guests from around New Zealand and a lot of care and attention has gone into creating a display that will capture the attention of those old and young.
What will be on display?
There will be a wide range of LEGO® models and displays on show at the event, held from Saturday 22 to Monday 24 October. Here are just a few of the things you will be able to see:
- A huge city display featuring trains, monorails, subways, amusement park,
and much more
- Star Wars , Classic Space and huge MOC (My Own Creation) spaceships and moonbases
- Castles & Pirates
- Technic vehicles of every type and size, with working functions
- Huge “History of LEGO®” display featuring some of the very first sets from the 1960’s
- A Great Ball Contraption (Rube Goldberg machine) to fascinate people of all ages
- Mindstorms Robots and remote controlled cars to drive
- Batman & Superheroes collections
- Friends & Elves displays
- A Giant Auckland Skytower model and Eden Park All Blacks game made by Australian LEGO® certified professional Ryan McNaught (AKA The Brickman)
- A huge model of the Whakamaru dam and power station
- Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and Hobbit displays
- Amazing original creations of all types including castles, fantasy scenes and spaceships
- Model railroad and train displays featuring trains from the first battery types of the 1960’s to the latest Power Functions remote control models
- A LEGO® Playbrick area where the kids (and adults..) can put their creativity to the test.
The Auckland Brick Show will be held from Saturday 22 to Monday 24 October 2016 at the Trusts Arena in Henderson – the first time it has been held at this venue in order to cater for more people this year following on from the huge success of last year’s event. Pre-sale tickets for the event are available now through eventfinda.co.nz and cost just $7.00. Children under three go for free. Tickets will be available on the door, however spaces in the hour long sessions may be limited so you may have to wait so to avoid disappointment (and save yourself $3.00!) it is advised to pre-book.
The post The Auckland Brick Show – a LEGO® lover’s paradise! appeared first on CPG Hotels.